Moving to the UK
Tax, Residency by Investment & FOREX Considerations
(Webinar held 5th May 2022)
The United Kingdom remains a popular destination for high net worth individuals, entrepreneurs’ and highly skilled expat workers. It’s not only the UK’s cultural heritage that is the big draw, it is also a tax efficient destination in the right circumstances.
The expert panel navigate the complexities of the UK tax landscape that applies to non-domiciled taxpayers, VISA options and exchange control/FOREX strategies and solutions.
The webinar covers:
- An introduction to the UK’s Remittance Basis Tax Regime: What it is, who can use it, how it is claimed, when it can be claimed.
- UK Tax Residency: An overview of the UK’s residency rules.
- Non-UK Domiciled Status: An explanation on how to determine your domicile status for UK tax purposes.
- Planning for the Remittance Basis: A brief overview on pre-entry planning to consider in advance of a move to the UK.
- Discussing options around the residence via investment for Innovator Visa.
- Why is the UK Innovator program best suited for HNW individuals and families?
How does the process work?
- What are some of the key points to note for investors interested in relocating to the UK with the Innovator program?
- Exchange control strategies, FIA applications and forex solutions.
This webinar should be useful to individuals who want a refresher on the UK’s Non Dom rules and how they apply, and to those who wish to understand the procedures to relocate to the UK.
Jamie Favell, Partner and Head of Private Client Tax at Tax Advisory Partnership.
Yat Wan Yeung, Associate Director, Henley & Partners.
Marisa Jacobs, Head of Africorp Treasury.