Moving to the US
Tax, Immigration & FOREX Considerations
(Webinar held 23rd June 2022)
The United States remains a popular destination for high net worth individuals, entrepreneurs’ and highly skilled expat workers.
The expert panel navigate the complexities of the US tax landscape that applies to non-US citizens, VISA options and exchange control/FOREX strategies and solutions.
The webinar covers:
- US pre-arrival planning and considerations - common pitfalls to bear in mind
- The Substantial Residence Test - when do you become US tax resident?
- US tax and reporting for US residents
- What are some of the key points to note for investors interested in relocating to the US?
- Exchange control strategies
This webinar will be useful to individuals who want a refresher on the US tax rules and how they apply to non-US citizens, and to those who wish to understand the procedures to relocate to the US.
Charlotte Davies, US Senior Tax Manager at Tax Advisory Partnership
George Ganey, Partner at Ganey Law Group
Thomas Lobban, Legal Manager: Cross Border Taxation at Tax Consulting SA.